The summer holidays are fast approaching and six weeks can seem a long time when there is little to do. I have compiled some ideas and activities to do with your children over the holidays...
1. Enjoy the great outdoors. Take them to the woods, local park or even the back garden. Go on bug hunts, all you need is a few jam jars (don't forget to punch holes in the lids!). Listen to birds, see how many you can name. Make daisy chains, build a den out of an old blanket and a couple of chairs, make mud pies, go pond dipping. The list is endless and the kids love it.
2. Have a dressing up day. Dress up as a Pirate, Princess, Ogre, and live like your character for the day. Eat, play and laugh your day away.
3. Get the board games out, kids learn lots from a simple board game.
4. Learn to do something new. Can you knit? Sew? Braid hair? The internet can help with YouTube tutorials.
5. Have a day of baking or cooking. There are loads of children's recipe ideas on www.bbc.food.co.uk.
6. Visit your local library, museum or art gallery. They are usually free and there is plenty for the kids to do.