This is a question that many parents ask themselves at some point in their child's education. Tutoring can be expensive and there is the added problem of finding the right tutor for your child. What should you expect from a good tutor? What will the tutor do? This blog is designed to help you make that decision.
Is your child struggling in lessons? As a teacher, I know first hand how thinly spread a teacher is. The average class size in a mainstream school is 30. That is 30 children, all with their own personal learning style and varying needs, who will at some point in the lesson need help or support. Lessons are fast paced and most topics will last just half a term. So if a child falls behind, they very often never catch up. This leads to children becoming withdrawn, lacking in confidence and disliking particular lessons, or even school. On the opposite end of the scale, high achievers can also suffer, they lack the challenge they need to keep them focused.
Is your child a high flyer? Private tuition is not just for children who are struggling, tuition is a great way of giving your child an extra boost. Next Steps tutors will always stretch and challenge children to reach their full potential.
All children who attend Next Steps Tuition centre will undertake an initial assessment and an individual learning plan will be put together to support the learning of the child. All our tutors follow the national curriculum, and with just six children in a group they have the time to focus on a topic, challenging the more able, as well as breaking down the barriers to learning, ensuring all children have a sound understanding before they move on.
So. Why choose Next Steps Tuition?
* All our tutors are highly qualified with a wealth of experience.
* Our groups are a maximum of six children, so they have the full attention of the tutor.
* All our tutors are DBS checked and cleared.
* All children have a unique learning plan to ensure all barriers to learning are removed or children are stretched and challenged.
* Are competitive price ensure private education is available to all.
* Our tutors assess children every half term to check progress. This is sent out to parents to show you what your child has achieved.